Kara Powell, PhD, co-author of the Right Click: Parenting Your Teenager In A Digital Media World and executive director of Fuller Youth Institute, Kristen Ivy, and Reggie Joiner discuss how giving kids increasing opportunities to serve through childhood is one of the biggest ways to help them grow in faith and character by realizing their own potential to connect to a bigger story.
Listen to Parent Cue Live
To listen to this episode, click the player below (If you’re reading this via email or RSS, please click here).
In this episode, Kristen, Reggie, and Kara discussed:
- why parents tend to minimize service
- the connection between service and empathy
- how to set a realistic goals for your family around service and find a rhythm to make this goal a reality
- what service looks like at every phase of a kid’s life
- mutual fascination
- how your local church can play a role in helping your family service
Did you find this helpful? Help us spread the word!
Hopefully this episode has helped you find a few practical ways to “do family better.” That’s our goal. If you appreciated it, could you share the love?
The best way to do that is to rate the podcast in iTunes and leave us a review! Your rating and review helps gets the podcast in front of new parents and listeners. You can also click the buttons below to share this episode on your own social media channels!