- Encourage your kids to serve others, which will help expose them to the real world and enhance their world view.
- You can’t control what decisions your children make as they get older, but you can encourage them along the way.
- Be deliberate about the time you have to spend with your kids.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Fatherhood looks differently as your kids enter and exit different phases of their lives, but one thing remains true through it all: Fatherhood presents a unique opportunity to speak life daily into your kids. Jeff, a father of two, Jon, a father of two, and Carlos, a father of three are all in different phases of fatherhood, and together, the three discuss:
- How to encourage your kids to involve themselves in the right circles and how you can control the things you can and encourage your kids through the situations beyond your control (6:14)
- How to model friendships for your kids through purposeful interactions and being comfortable with your kids confiding in someone other than you (12:32)
- How to be intentional with the time you have together (15:01)
- What it’s like to grow up with a parent in ministry and the various opportunities for growth (19:55)
- How to navigate your kids’ faith through tension-filled times (25:00)
QUOTES IN THIS EPISODE
VOICES IN THIS EPISODE
Jeff is the co-founder of Champion Tribes and the Lead Pastor of Gwinnett Church, the most recent multi-campus locations of North Point Ministries. Prior to Gwinnett Church, Jeff served as the Lead Pastor of Buckhead Church, North Point’s first multi-site location. He spent 21 years in marketing, working most recently for Chick-fil-A, before beginning his roles with North Point Ministries. Jeff and his wife, Wendy have two children.
Carlos is an author, speaker, and content creator living in Nashville, TN with his wife Heather and 3 kids Sohaila, Seanna, and Losiah. He is addicted to social media, his wife’s enchiladas, and is determined to have his daughters teach him to land a backflip on the trampoline by the time he is 45.
Did you enjoy this episode? Help us spread the word!
Hopefully, this episode has helped you find a few practical ways to “do family better.” If you appreciated it, we would love for you to rate or review the podcast on iTunes. Your rating and review help get the podcast in front of new parents and listeners. You can also click the buttons below to share this episode on your own social media channels. Thank you for listening!