It’s easy to focus on all the negatives involved with having kids. They’re . . .
and one of the most expensive investments you’ll ever make.
Raising kids is tough—that’s for sure. But it’s not all bad. In fact, some days with kids are absolute magic. Watching their eyes light up with recognition when they see your face. Hearing their belly laugh for the first time. Witnessing them learn a new skill or reach a new level. Christmas morning with kids . . . yeah. Parenting is one of the few situations in life where every single cliché rings true.
So, let’s press pause on our parent-pity-parties and break down at least TEN reasons having kids is awesome.
- No one expects you to be on time.
- Why else would a grown adult have Fruit Roll-Ups in their pantry?
- I’ll have someone to take care of me when I’m old and mistake the freezer bin for my purse.
- There’s someone else to blame that marinara stain on.
- Minivans. Don’t knock ‘em until you try ‘em.
- There’s someone to laugh at my jokes . . . even the terrible ones.
- Have you shopped for kid (especially baby) clothes? COME TO MAMA, ALL THE TINY THINGS.
- When I’m too old to care about/understand current technology, there will be someone to (at least attempt to) show me the ropes. And to not judge me when I inevitably add “the” before whatever platform name is invented next.
- Kids are the most forgiving humans on the planet. Burn dinner? Burn the house down? It’s all an adventure in the eyes of a child.
- You’ll never feel ocean-sized waves of unconditional love this side heaven until you have a kid.
What are some of your favorite things about having kids? I’d love to hear them!