Experiment with a big, bubbly reaction to demonstrate how very thankful we are for our family and friends!
Eye dropper or spoon
- Make a small baking soda “volcano” (a mound with well in the center) on the plate.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to the center.
- Think of family and friends you are thankful for, and have your child drip a few drops of white vinegar in the center of the baking soda with each name; watch it bubble up!
- Add vinegar until the baking soda is used up; reset and experiment again!
- As you’re experimenting, say, “I am so thankful that God gave us family and friends—I can hardly keep it in! Let’s do a fun experiment to demonstrate how thankful we are for the people God gave us. Every time we say a family member or friend’s name, our baking soda bubbles up with thankfulness!”