This month’s recipe is simple and delicious and will build everyone’s confidence in the kitchen! It’s time to make Cheesy Bread and Marinara Dipping Sauce.
- 1 Italian loaf or rustic baguette
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ pound mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 large garlic cloves, grated or minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1¾ cups marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Have an adult cut in half a loaf of bread lengthwise almost all the way through, leaving it attached on one side.
- Open it, lay flat and brush the insides with 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Lay down mozzarella on one side of the bread loaf, then sprinkle with salt and ¼ teaspoon oregano.
- Close the loaf of bread, then wrap tightly with foil.
- Place on a cookie pan, and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the bread bakes, in a medium saucepan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, garlic, ½ teaspoon oregano, and red-pepper flakes over medium-high, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the marinara sauce and adjust the heat to bring it to a gentle boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, cook for about 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the sauce to a bowl, ready for dipping and top with grated Parmesan. Slice the bread, or let everyone pull the pieces apart themselves. Enjoy as a family!