Taking time to slow down together as a family and enjoy the simpler things in life, can bring much-needed peace into your home. Enjoy a lovely afternoon in the kitchen baking this simple, but delicious berry pie. Then sit down together to enjoy warm with a scoop of ice cream. Savor these “ordinary” moments, that will make for extraordinary memories.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Measure out thawed berries into a large bowl. Be sure to keep the juice from the berries as they thaw.
- In a separate bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch, and salt, and pour on top of thawed berries.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well. The mixture will be thick.
- Place one pie dough crust in the bottom of your pie pan.
- Spread berry mixture evenly in the pie crust.
- Add the top crust.
- Cut slits in the top crust or use cookie cutters to decorate.
- Press the pie edge with a fork to seal the top and bottom crusts together.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the crust turns golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream.