Make a pom pom slingshot because David used a slingshot to defeat Goliath.
Kitchen knife (parents only)
- Parents, cut an 8” section of the pool noodle using the kitchen knife.
- Tie a knot in the tail of the balloon.
- Cut the other end of the balloon off using the scissors.
- Stretch the balloon over the end of the pool noodle section and secure it with duct tape.
- Load a pom pom into the hollow center of the pool noodle.
- As you hold the pool noodle, aim, pull the balloon tail back and release to shoot a pom pom!
- Let your kid pretend to be David by knocking you (Goliath) down!
- As you’re playing, say, “David was very brave because he knew that God was always with him. When he was facing the giant Goliath in battle, David used a slingshot and rocks to knock him down. God helped David be brave, and He can help us be brave, too!”