Jeff Henderson, co-founder of Champion Tribes and lead pastor of Gwinnett Church, along with author and speaker, Jon Acuff and Carlos Whitaker, talk about what fatherhood looks like through all the phases in a child’s life in today’s episode.
- Encourage your kids to serve others, which will help expose them to the real world and enhance their world view.
- You can’t control what decisions your children make as they get older, but you can encourage them along the way.
- Be deliberate about the time you have to spend with your kids.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Fatherhood looks differently as your kids enter and exit different phases of their lives, but one thing remains true through it all: Fatherhood presents a unique opportunity to speak life daily into your kids. Jeff, a father of two, Jon, a father of two, and Carlos, a father of three are all in different phases of fatherhood, and together, the three discuss:
- How to encourage your kids to involve themselves in the right circles and how you can control the things you can and encourage your kids through the situations beyond your control (6:14)
- How to model friendships for your kids through purposeful interactions and being comfortable with your kids confiding in someone other than you (12:32)
- How to be intentional with the time you have together (15:01)
- What it’s like to grow up with a parent in ministry and the various opportunities for growth (19:55)
- How to navigate your kids’ faith through tension-filled times (25:00)